Sunday, January 4, 2015

My New Year's Resolution

"Christ has freed me from self-reliance and bound me to His grace. I'm not doing God a favor; he's giving me a mission. My life, my family, my work -- it's all from Him and for Him. I can rest in this. And I don't have to be perfect; I can be obedient to my calling with the expectation that God's glory will overcome my failures."*


What release!

When I read this tonight (this morning), it was like reading the journal entry that I didn't know how to write... except I was still stuck, and getting desperate. I realized once again how I have been looking to myself, to my husband, to schedules, to accountability groups... to everything and everyone BUT the only One who can truly give me rest in the midst of my responsibilities.


RESTFUL OBEDIENCE

unstuck
from my oh-so-busy, distracted, and overwhelmed self-reliance

bound by and joyfully resting in the freeing grace of God

Father, thank You that you know all, see all, and control all. Please give me a heart that desires YOUR glory, not my own. Help me to prioritize my time. I don't want to be stuck. I want to be bound!

*
(READ MORE! http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/the-joy-of-getting-unstuck)

1 comment: